Coinbase Will Sponsor 2 Bitcoin Developers
Coinbase announced on October 15 that it would provide 2 grants towards Bitcoin developments as a part of its first Crypto Community Fund grants.
- Coinbase will sponsor at least 2 Bitcoin developers who contribute directly to the Bitcoin Core codebase
- The effort is a part of the Crypto Community Fund, which aims to “grow and improve the entire crypto industry”
- Projects and development work that the fund will focus on include Bitcoin Core development, Bitcoin Improvement Proposal (BIP) review, tooling, Bitcoin Core libraries, and testing improvements
- Proposals will be reviewed by other bitcoin developers, with coinbase making the final decision
- Other crypto projects and communities will be considered if the fund is successful with its early grants