Ethereum Now has Over 100K Tokenized Bitcoins
The total number of tokenized Bitcoin (BTC) on the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain has crossed 100,000 according to data from DeFi data portal DeFiPulse.
- The total tokenized BTC on Ethereum crossed 100k on September 15, equivalent to $1.07 billion
- According to data analytics platform Dune Analytics, Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) accounts for 65% of the total BTC on Ethereum, followed by renBTC and hBTC with 24.5% and 5.47% respectively
- The amount of wBTC on Ethereum has jumped by more than 100% in just one month, with BTC on Ethereum numbering at less than 40,000 on August 15
- Curve Finance (CRV) accounts for most tokenized Bitcoin trades, followed by Aave and Balancer
- The amount of BTC on Ethereum accounts for 0.419% of Bitcoin’s 21 million total supply