The Christie’s auction house has sold a digital portrait of Bitcoin (BTC) inventor Satoshi Nakamoto for $131, 250, making it the most expensive NFT ever sold.
- The digital portrait, titled Block 21, is a Non-Fungible Token (NFT), and the first of its kind to be sold through the famous auction house
- Block 21 was created by artist Ben Gentilli, and is one in a 40 part collection, each part being a disc with Bitcoin’s code
- The entire series, called “Portraits of a Mind”, has 322,048 digits of the original code
- Christie’s initially estimated that the artwork would sell for between $12,000 – 18,000
- The NFT part of the artwork was designed by Async Art