French multinational investment bank Societe Generale selected ConsenSys for guidance on its Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) initiative, according to a press release issued on October 28.
- Societe Generale – Forge, the bank’s CBDC pilot program, will collaborate with ConsenSys to help flesh out the underlying technology and services
- Specifically, ConsenSys will work on CBDC issuance and management, delivery versus payment, and cross-ledger interoperability
- The bank has been testing a digital euro experiment, recently issuing a 40 million Euro bond with Banque de France that was settled with the CBDC
- ConsenSys will bring its expertise to future pilots with the digital euro initiative
- European Central Bank Seriously Examining Digital Euro