Synthetix founder Kain Warwick, in a detailed blog post published on Jan. 12, explained the planned development roadmap and priorities for the project in 2021.
- Warwick opens the 2500 word post by saying that while the roadmap is his only his thoughts on what the development roadmap and priorities should be, and that the governance community will have to proceed with any and all of the suggestions
- High level priorities singled out by Warwick are a transition to layer-2 scaling solution Optimistic Ethereum, Synthetix V3, adding futures products and much more
- He also offers a lengthy explanation of what changes Synthetix V3 will bring to the platform, among these are tokenized debt, flash loan protection through open interest caps, better options trading, continuous staking rewards and a new staking mechanism
- Also of note is the expected support of forex, commodities and more crypto assets
- Warwick is now effectively a symbolic leader of Synthetix (SNX), as major governance decisions are executed by the community