The Graph Foundation announced on October 28 that it had raised $12 million via a public sale of its GRT token, ahead of a mainnet launch expected by the end of 2020.
- The Graph sold 400 million GRT tokens, which is 4% of its total supply, raising $12 million from investors in nearly 100 countries
- The token sale was expected to happen in 3 phases, but high demand saw all 400 million tokens sell out within the first 2 phases
- The 4500 initial token holders will serve as Indexers, Curators or Delegators on the network’s DApps, who are respectively node operators, developers/users, and stakers
- Described as “one of the most decentralized and global protocols in Web3”, the Graph is a network that is attempting to building a decentralized web across all layers of internet infrastructure
- The team expects to launch the mainnet in November or December 2020